Actual picture from one of our units. This cleaning is critical to help avoid a fire in your unit.
Dryer vent cleaning began on April 9. Please see that you make arrangements to be available to let our contractor, Lintfighters, into your unit for this mandatory cleaning.
Please the this reminder flyer for your scheduled day and time. Contact Customer Care if you have any questions or need to reschedule.
Included in the 2018 assessment is a free dryer vent cleaning. This is a mandatory requirement for all homeowners so we can do our part to avoid dryer vent fires.
What to Expect
After greeting the homeowner, the dryer is turned on and checked for proper working condition (inclusive of noise level and heat element of the dryer working).
Inspection of Airflow Before Dryer Vent Cleaning:
Vent termination inspected, any coverings or flaps are removed/ cleaned.
Dryer/DryerVent Cleaning Process:
- Dryer is turned off and moved away from the wall. This is when the dryer will be cleaned through the lint screen area and the bottom tray area of dryer if accessible
Vacuum hose (4”) directly connected to vent pipe coming out of wall/floor in laundry room.
- RoVac vacuum (3 stage motor with hepa filter) turned on
- A 4” rotating brush on a spring leader is attached to a drill by means of a flexible connecting rod system.
- This brush is advanced from the outside vent termination all the way to the vacuum hose.
- After reaching the interior hose, the brush is reversed and rod system backed out, cleaning the vent a second time on its way out.
- Floor vacuumed, transition vent inspected (replaced at owner expense if they desire) and reconnected to wall pipe.
- Dryer pushed back into original position, turned on, and checked again for proper working conditions.
Inspection of Airflow After Dryer Vent Cleaning:
- Vent termination flaps replaced and vent cap caulked if needed with same color caulk.
Look for more information in 2018 for scheduling.